Heathcoat Fabrics Limited
HEATHCOAT FABRICS LTD
Tel: +44 (0)1884 254949
- 2022 Innovation
Heathcoat received its Queen’s Award for developing the high performance DecelAir parachute fabric that delivered NASA’s Perseverance Rover on to the surface of Mars in February 2021.
The fabric has opened the door to other niche space exploration and defence projects, including civilian space capsule chutes, emergency chutes and drone recovery systems.
The company solves complex challenges and converts opportunities into value for a diverse range of customers. This includes:
• Under the bonnet automotive applications, such as hoses and timing belts
• Protective apparel for military and services applications, including ballistic
protection and firefighter suits
• Geotextiles in construction, road and rail applications
• Healthcare applications, including developing antibacterial Ag+ treatment
• Sustainable initiatives such as knitted fabrics using recycled marine waste,
dress net from pre-consumer nylon and polyester, and solutions for
• and many more