About The King’s Awards for Enterprise
The King’s Awards for Enterprise are for outstanding achievement by UK businesses in the categories of:
- international trade
- sustainable development
- promoting opportunity through social mobility
Benefits of winning
The UK is full of exciting and innovative businesses and the King’s Awards for Enterprise is a great way of celebrating their success.
Whether a small business with a great innovative product or service, or a larger company running an impressive social mobility programme, this award is a prestigious way to recognise your contribution to enterprise.
The King’s Awards for Enterprise are open to applications from almost all businesses of all sizes throughout the UK in every sector.
There are a large number of winners who are SME’s, however there are also a number of larger companies who have won. The minimum size of an eligible company is two full-time employees. The King’s Award is valid for five years and winning organisations will benefit from:
- flying the King’s Award flag at their principal premises,
- use of the Emblem on their stationery, advertising and goods. Commemorative articles can be given to employees
- global recognition and added commercial value for your business
- an edge over the competition and new business opportunities
- a boost to your staff morale and company pride
Presentation ceremonies are conducted at the winners’ premises, by the Lord-Lieutenant of the County as HM The King’s representative. The Awards consist of a Grant of Appointment and a presentational item bearing the Emblem.
Additionally, representatives of the winning businesses will be invited to a celebratory Royal Reception.
Unsuccessful entrants receive feedback on both the strengths and guidance about how to improve future entries.